9/28/2007



Food For Thought

I enjoy cooking. I have a limited repertoire but I try new things all the time.
Yesterday I got a mortar & pestle. The thing weighs 15 pounds!


Of course I started grinding everything in sight. It does a great job.

Food can certainly bring people together and since buying my apt. I have been entertaining. It’s a great way to bring friends together and make new friends. But one important thing cooking can do is to help some one.
A good friend of mine has had a doozey of a month. I won’t go into details but they say things come in threes and she has had three big ones come her way. So the only way I could help was to cook and let her chill out with no worries for an evening. I am lucky to work near the best green market in NY, the 14th St. green market recently featured in the NY Times with Alice Waters.

So dinner consisted of butternut squash soup, I ground the cinnamon of course, fresh corn, heirloom tomatoes and nectarines. Simple and tasty.
It was just what she needed and it was a great pleasure to see her relax.
Cook with a friend it will bring you together in a way that can’t be beat.

Highlighted words are HOT links to the subject.

No comments: