4/21/2009

Tharon Musser 1925-2009

Tharon Musser represents the change from old theatricals to modern stage design.
Most significant was her work on “A Chorus Line” that brought her love of dance and use of new technology to Broadway. Her proudest moment may have been “A Little Night Music” where all her skills came into play and culminated in a beautiful design that served the script.
The NY Times has printed an obituary that gives her great credit for her work.
My life changed one morning in Dallas where I was having breakfast with Tharon and Marilyn. I had planned to find a regional theatre and enjoy the craft. Tharon set me on another path.
Through a friend of hers I found myself on the way to Stratford Conn. and the Shakespeare Festival where she had deigned some of their biggest productions. From there it was just a short drive to New York.
Tharon kept me busy as an assistant until I was able to get out on my own and eventually she became my landlady.
I enjoyed 25 years in that household and was privileged to be able to call her a friend.
Her illness took her away from us way too early she will be missed.

Highlighted words are HOT links that open in a new window

No comments: